You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread July 16th, 2019, 02:51 PM   #1
2Faced
Viet Nam

Differences between Rx3i embedded/on rack profinet controllers

Hello,

I'm working on a project using Rx3i system and a third party profinet product. The previous jobs the third party products were connected to the Rx3i system via a PNC module and everything was working well. For this job due to some limitation I had to take out the PNC module and use the embedded profinet controller in the CPU (CPE330). Configuration was ok, Profinet DCP scantool discovered 4 devices in the ring (3 slaves from third party and 1 master the embedded controller) but I can't send or get data from the third party products.
The LD block PNOI_DEV_COMM is to check if the devices are talking together, as follows:

PNIO_DEV_COMM verifies whether the PROFINET Controller (PNC) identified by input IOController and the PROFINET IO-device identified by input IODevice are communicating with one another. If so, output OK is set to On; otherwise, it is set to Off.

My question is: is this LD block only applied to the PNC module ? Or can it be used with the embedded profinet controller in the CPU as well ?

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by 2Faced; July 16th, 2019 at 02:55 PM.
Unread July 16th, 2019, 04:48 PM   #2
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

It seems like it should work for the embedded controller as well as the module. Did you configure the CPU's LAN2 for Profinet?

Make sure you use the correct name for the controller. To find the name expand the CPU configuration and click on the "Profinet Controller" item. Then look up the "Device Name" in the properties window (Inspector).
Unread July 17th, 2019, 09:32 AM   #3
2Faced
Viet Nam

Thanks Steve for your reply. I was able to figure out and and fix the issue. The ref addresses of the third party I/O were mapped incorrectly.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum