Alternative to FactoryTalk View ME to program PanelView +?

chupa

I have a small project at home that I am wanting to integrate a PLC with. I picked up a PanelView Plus 400 off ebay with the intent of using it to control the whole project. I guess I didn't do enough research and I figured the software would just come free if you bought the hardware (ha!).

I don't suppose there is an alternative to purchasing the $750 FT ME software is there?

If they dont exist it sounds like it would be cheaper to get a different brand HMI who offers the software free... Maybe one of the RedLion G3xxx HMIs... Who else offers the HMI design software free?

"I don't suppose there is an alternative to purchasing the $750 FT ME software is there?"

Nope. List Price is $807.

Thanks!

Based on that thread ill probably go with a Omron NB. Ebay does not have many red lions available. Is there a better place to find this type of used equipment?

Not sure on pricing in the USA but over here these are very inexpensive (in comparison to other vendors)...

http://www.weintek.com/global/

Software is free and they have drivers for most PLC manufacturers you can think of. Their colour screens are the cheapest i've seen!

Rob