Devicenet

Rahul3005

Hey Members !!

Does any have idea about devicenet ?

I want to upload a program from L32 PLC have a devicenet scanner (1769-SDN) , communicating with devices on devicenet network.

I have to make some PLC changes offline and then later i have to download the program to PLC.

As per my knowledge , I have to upload the devicenet backup first (.dnt) file through RSnetworx software , later i have to save that file in my PC.

After changing my program offline , i would have to open IO tree, and open the properties of (1769-SDN) , later go into RSNetworx tab , link/select the earlier uploaded devicenet file with PLC , and then save the program and download it to controller ?

Are my steps OK ? or am i missing something ?

what version of RSlinx and RsNetworx will i require to upload the devicenet backup ?

I am new to the world of devicenet.

Thanks and Regard,

Rahul P

Hey Members !!

I want to upload a program from L32 PLC have a devicenet scanner (1769-SDN) , communicating with devices on devicenet network.

I have to make some PLC changes offline and then later i have to download the program to PLC.

As per my knowledge , I have to upload the devicenet backup first (.dnt) file through RSnetworx software , later i have to save that file in my PC.

After changing my program offline , i would have to open IO tree, and open the properties of (1769-SDN) , later go into RSNetworx tab , link/select the earlier uploaded devicenet file with PLC , and then save the program and download it to controller ?

Are my steps OK ? or am i missing something ?

what version of RSlinx and RsNetworx will i require to upload the devicenet backup ?

I am new to the world of devicenet.

Thanks and Regard,

Rahul P

If you are not adding devices to the Devicenet, removing devices from the Devicenet, or Changing devices on the Devicenet - then you don't need to touch the devicenet. The configuration for scanning the devices is stored in the devicenet scanner and not in the PLC program.

You can reference the tags for the devices - whatever they happen to be - in your program modifications.

RSNetworx for Devicenet is required to load, save or change the Devicenet configuration. The version you would need is dependant on the firmware version of your Devicenet scanner.

Load and save to the L32 as you normally would, with the software you have for programming the PLC.

Hey Members !!

Thanks and Regard,

Rahul P

Don't you have another IDENTICAL thread posted to the group ... and a good answer from Ken Roach? (Sorry all - I didn't read the answers before posting to what looked like a new thread )