Factory Talk question

Caros amigos, para resolver este problema e so voces Renomearem a maquina, reiniciar ela, criar o diretorio novamente, reiniciar a maquina, e se ela esta em rede remover a rede, reinicie novamente, apos isto coloque ela em rede novamente e reinicie, feitos estes passos inicie novamente o factorytalk que ira dar tudo certo ok.
Abracao

"This software requires personalized information that cannot be read. Please contact

just go to C:\ProgramData\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk Activation... then remove the .rnl files from there...
then restat ftv/ftc... by arun koottz

This Solution didn't worked for me as it worked for others.

Till yesterday my Factory Talk View was working Fine. Suddenly since today morning i am not able to open Factory talk view. It gives me error "This software requires personalized information that cannot be read. Please contact Rockwell Support''.

How can i get rid of this error?

This Solution didn't worked for me as it worked for others.

Till yesterday my Factory Talk View was working Fine. Suddenly since today morning i am not able to open Factory talk view. It gives me error "This software requires personalized information that cannot be read. Please contact Rockwell Support''.

How can i get rid of this error?

I just had this same issue happen to me. My laptop ran out of battery and went into hibernation. I couldn't resume Windows, so had to reboot.

The above solution did not work, so I had to do the following (Note: this is from the RA ticket Solution 2):

Solution 2
Modify the shortcuts to run VStudio.exe instead of Launcher.exe

Go to the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell or C:\Program Files(x86)\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise for 64-bit machines.

Right click on VStudio.exe and drag the icon to desktop. Release mouse button and select shortcut. This will create a shortcut to the VStudio.exe on your desktop. You can then move the icon to where you want it located.

I spoke too soon about the above solution, still got a different error afterwards.... Had to dig deeper through the RA knowledgebase and here's what solved it in the end:

Solution 1
Go to Start -->All Programs--> CodeMeter--> CodeMeter Control Center, right-click, run as administrator
Select Process --> Stop CodeMeter Service
Delete ALL files in the following directory C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct (there should only be two files in here)
Return to the CodeMeter Control Center
Select Process --> Start CodeMeter Service
Select File --> Import License...
Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\FactoryTalk Activation\Tools\
Select the UpdateProtectionOnlyLicense.WibuCmRaU file and click Import

NOTE: I'm not extremely familiar with what the above files ultimately handle, so "delete" and "modify" at your own risk.

Good luck,
Vlad

Last edited:
CodeMeter - this software requires personalized information

Vlad,

Thanks for the solution...
Could you please post the RA Knowledgebase #

Vlad,

Thanks for the solution...
Could you please post the RA Knowledgebase #

Sure thing.

The main RA Knowledgebase # is 33255.

In that document, Solution 3 was what worked for me. For solution 3, the RA Knowledgebase # is 1058817

In that document, Solution 1 worked for me.

Cheers,
Vlad

I spoke too soon about the above solution, still got a different error afterwards.... Had to dig deeper through the RA knowledgebase and here's what solved it in the end:

Solution 1
Go to Start -->All Programs--> CodeMeter--> CodeMeter Control Center, right-click, run as administrator
Select Process --> Stop CodeMeter Service
Delete ALL files in the following directory C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct (there should only be two files in here)
Return to the CodeMeter Control Center
Select Process --> Start CodeMeter Service
Select File --> Import License...
Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\FactoryTalk Activation\Tools\
Select the UpdateProtectionOnlyLicense.WibuCmRaU file and click Import

NOTE: I'm not extremely familiar with what the above files ultimately handle, so "delete" and "modify" at your own risk.

Good luck,
Vlad

This worked for me.

Just wanted to thank you, you saved me from a long phone call.

Just had this issue

This just happened today at a customer site after they installed Adobe DC.
I uninstalled Adobe DC but the problem persisted.

So I ran through deleting the RNL files loacted:

C:\ProgramData\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk Activation

tech note 33255

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33255

In my case I had to install patch 471166 first, then reboot, then delete RNL file, then reboot, then I was back in business.

Had the same issue. Could not resolve deleting .rnl files. So, forced to contact Rockwell, lol. You have to reset Registry keys. Below are the Steps if .rnl does not work :

-Type "regedit" in start menu, open it.
- Go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software
- Delete both "RSLogix 500 English" and "RSLogix500"

Restart software, BOOM, issue gone!:p

Had the same issue. Could not resolve deleting .rnl files. So, forced to contact Rockwell, lol. You have to reset Registry keys. Below are the Steps if .rnl does not work :

-Type "regedit" in start menu, open it.
- Go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software
- Delete both "RSLogix 500 English" and "RSLogix500"

Restart software, BOOM, issue gone!:p

I just started having this same issue, but I did install and activate v32 yesterday and it took forever and I did see it uninstalling and re-installing some things after a 2 hour long install so maybe something broke it during the install. Either way, I had no rnl files in the folder mentioned above, and I have way more than 2 files in my codemeter. See attached.

I'm going to try the registry edit option and see if that helps me

CodeMeter Folder.JPG

Ok so the regedit did not work for me so I also was forced to call Rockwell.

After hours of digging it turns out that something bugged out on my FactoryTalk Services Platform application that was upgraded when I installed v32 of Studio. That bug ultimately led to some services that run FTView Studio to never be installed.

If you're interested, the initial bug came from an error (code 3010) in the x86 version Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable, which is used to install parts of FT Services Platform.

Ultimately I had to completely uninstall FT Services Platform and then re-install it and it worked perfectly!

Hope this helps someone in the future

Another option

I recently had this error message as well after a windows update/restart with FT Services 6.21. I went to add/remove programs ran the repair option and restarted.

Same problem here. I ended installing a newest version of FTServices to fix the problem then i repaired the FTV Machine. The problem appears to be the QLS 2008 R but I'm guessing here.