.@Description use inside Studio5000

Ed_Pethick

I could do with a hand please - so I have a massive list of alarms with the description stating what they are in some local tags.
So, like
Loc_Alarm[3].1 -> Value: 1 -> Description: GenAl_121_F1-3_OvertravelError

I want to put these descriptions into a text array so, for example the above would transalate to:
TextAlarms[756] -> Value: GenAl_121_F1-3_OvertravelError -> Description: Null

​Now I can do this on a HMI by referencing Loc_Alarm[3].1.@description and I hoped I could do it in the PLC by using a MSG with the remote element set by a string to Loc_Alarm[3].1.@description but I get "Invalid value in object specific data parameter of service request"
​I want to do this in several PLCs, so I'd like to avoid awkward solutions like writing the .@description back from the HMI or anything that involves a download or too much manual intervention if possible.
​Has anyone had success or can think of method to try to get this information? -> All the PLCs do have access to transaction manager and an SQL database if this offers a route to read the descriptions.

Regards
​Ed

I could do with a hand please - so I have a massive list of alarms with the description stating what they are in some local tags.
So, like
Loc_Alarm[3].1 -> Value: 1 -> Description: GenAl_121_F1-3_OvertravelError

I want to put these descriptions into a text array so, for example the above would transalate to:
TextAlarms[756] -> Value: GenAl_121_F1-3_OvertravelError -> Description: Null

​Now I can do this on a HMI by referencing Loc_Alarm[3].1.@description and I hoped I could do it in the PLC by using a MSG with the remote element set by a string to Loc_Alarm[3].1.@description but I get "Invalid value in object specific data parameter of service request"
​I want to do this in several PLCs, so I'd like to avoid awkward solutions like writing the .@description back from the HMI or anything that involves a download or too much manual intervention if possible.
​Has anyone had success or can think of method to try to get this information? -> All the PLCs do have access to transaction manager and an SQL database if this offers a route to read the descriptions.

Regards
​Ed

Did you figure out a solution?

Not a great solution

Not really, no. Or rather, just a tortuous one.
Ended up taking the CSVs of the tag files, extracting the descriptions in excel and then using transaction manager to put them back into the PLC arrays required. Took more than a week of my life off me for the 85plcs required lol
Think I might subcontract it out next time ;)