1 PC, 2 Network cards, Same IP Range??

Esieli

I have a customer who has installed a PC on a machine we built. When they did so, for some reason they put two ethernet cables to two different network cards on the same PC. One is 192.168.0.177 and the other is 192.168.0.192

Is it ok to have two network card on the same IP and connected to the same network?

Seems like it could be causing issues.

It will only work properly if both LAN cards are connected to the same network, although it does not make sense to do this; there is no benefit added on such confiiguration. But if each card is connected to a different switch, which are physically on separate networks but have logically the same network settings, then for sure it will not work.

It will only work properly if both LAN cards are connected to the same network, although it does not make sense to do this; there is no benefit added on such confiiguration. But if each card is connected to a different switch, which are physically on separate networks but have logically the same network settings, then for sure it will not work.

Yes, they're connecting two different networks which are both on 192.168.0.XXX to the same PC, via two different network cards.

I noticed because I was trying to view the camera and couldn't see it, but then when I disabled the 2nd network connection they were using for a robot, then I could see the camera.

Yes, they're connecting two different networks which are both on 192.168.0.XXX to the same PC, via two different network cards.

I noticed because I was trying to view the camera and couldn't see it, but then when I disabled the 2nd network connection they were using for a robot, then I could see the camera.

If the subnets are super small (255.255.255.224, or something) it could be correct.

They could also be using applications that choose a network card manually, instead of letting Windows choose for them.

That's unlikely though. Much more likely to behave as you describe, where Windows uses one card for all traffic based on some internal priority, and all the comms for one network fails.

If the network cards are connected to different subnet and one subnet has access to the camera and the other does not, then what you describe may happen since windows decided to connect through the card that does not give access to the camera.