2080-MOT-HSC Programming With the HSCE FB

BMartens15

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

So I have a Micro850 PLC with a 2080-MOT-HSC Plug-In module, and i'll be using this for an encoder.

I think it was version 11 in CCW that they introduced the HSCE bit for the plugin module.

I'm trying to use it currently but there's not alot of information online. Currently, I keep getting ErrorID 13 on the HSCE function block. I have no idea what that is.

Is there a table that I can identify these error codes? Or a resource to help program the HSCE?

Good Morning BMartens15.
I suggest you try using the HSC_Mode0 Function Block instead. If you need some particular functionality from the HSCE block your already using, then fine.
I have always found the HSC_Mode0 UDFB much easier to deal with than the HSCE. Easy to Start, Stop and Clear.
I can send you a bit of Logic that Iv used it in but the download is well documented if you download the UDFB from AB.

Just a thought, as I see your post wasn't a hit. Maybe few else uses the HSCE instruction either, somebody told me about it and Iv never had to look at the HSCE again!

Thanks

I'll have to look at the HSCE_MODE0 UDFB. For now, I was able to make the HSCE work. I had to change some numbers in the HSCE_CNFG.

But for anyone using the 2080-MOT-HSC, it's incredibly difficult to troubleshoot because of the lack of information.