Control Panel Pictures

I have not seen this satiety system yet Although it does intrigue me. Basically the traditional wire way is replaced with a wire way recessed to allow for more equipment space? Sounds like an innovative product but having not dealt with it yet i can't comment if i will like it later. Deffinately looks like it will help with space constraints.

Seems to me they are gaining on the footprint but losing out on height. Robbing Peter to pay Paul as it were. Googled it and watched the promotional stuff.

I have not seen this satiety system yet Although it does intrigue me. Basically the traditional wire way is replaced with a wire way recessed to allow for more equipment space? Sounds like an innovative product but having not dealt with it yet i can't comment if i will like it later. Deffinately looks like it will help with space constraints.

It is difficult to tell from the pictures but how do you run the wires from top to bottom or side to side?

If all of the wires are behind the devices then won't the wires get tangle up?

Often times you need to tug on a wire to see where it goes and it appears that it would be difficult to locate the other end of a wire.

It is difficult to tell from the pictures but how do you run the wires from top to bottom or side to side?

If all of the wires are behind the devices then won't the wires get tangle up?

Often times you need to tug on a wire to see where it goes and it appears that it would be difficult to locate the other end of a wire.

This. Looking at the videos this would almost be imposible.

That is impossible.

But having said that the panels where we have got the system, the wires don't need to be tugged. All of the documentation is up to date, and Krones have a great system set up.

All of their wires have a number which relate to the equipment that it goes to. All of their cables are numbered, cut and stripped by a machine.

I haven't had an issue with it at all, except when trying to add something.

I'll take a few pictures later.

Cheers

Mark

Mark you are correct in a perfect world it would not be an issue, give it a couple of years and a few visits by the maintenance men and it will change.

Mark you are correct in a perfect world it would not be an issue, give it a couple of years and a few visits by the maintenance men and it will change.

Luckily for me, I am the only person that goes into electrical cabinets around here, and I like them nice and neat.

Cheers

Mark

They came out and demoed the Satie "Proclip" System to me. It seems very intriguing, neat, and VERY simple to wire.
Especially interesting when they told me that if I send them the original panel layout they will specify what I need.
They even said some people only send them a panel picture and a bill of materials!

Cost savings is related to hours saved (less drilling and tapping, components are easier to mount and make wire), no wireway cost, and possibly a smaller enclosure can be used.
It my case I usually use a 2000mm (79") high Rittal 2 door enclosure, now I can easily use an 1800mm (71") high 2 door enclosure.

Last edited:
Has anyone used the new Satie System for wiring your control panels?
It is a standoff system that removes the need for wiring ducts. It reduces panel size requirements by about 30% or more.
It was demonstrated to me yesterday.....looks pretty interesting, but a little bit of a learning curve. Satie will actually take your existing panel layout and specify necessary system components.

http://www.satie-system.com/electrical-control-panel-frame-service-department.php

Looks like a LUTZE system.

In hindsight... I think the Satie system will end up looking like a "rats nest" behind the devices, due to wires going everywhere.
And... Uh-oh, I dropped a wire behind the panel while troubleshooting...

4 years later, nobody bragging anymore
View attachment 68492
Some of us have up and retired. Y'all can have it. :)

That said, I might have to upload the pictures of the retrofit that we are doing for a job in Antarctica. Since the electronics have to go home with you at the end of the season, we were tasked with getting rid of the Pelican/Conex box with the Rockwell PLC in it (and the associated Rockwell tax) and make something smaller. So we settled on a Turck TBEN PLC mounted to 6mm thick Aluminum plates that sit on trays in a server rack (rated for 500 pounds). Everything that has to go to a warm winter home unplugs from Harting connectors and can fit into a medium to large suitcase.

A pair of MEs are doing most of the work with me showing them the ropes. Both of them are doing a fantastic job. :)

And I remember when this thread started! LOL!

These are all posted to r/PLC on Reddit now, rarely get to see them here.

Is that an ethernet cable instead of Profinet there?!
Assuming it doesn't need networking to function but if it does, I didn't realise for a long time that the ET200SP CPU is designed to be connected with one of these and there's a little block with room for a cable tie to support it under the port.