OSIsoft being purchased by AVEVA

OSI-PI and Aspen own the historian market. Not sure which one is #1. Rockwell FT Historian, is OSI-PI with Rockwell clothing. I hope, that PI remains and if anything, replace the Wonderware historian with PI.

eDNA is also owned by AVEVA. Now they have 3 historians.

eDNA is also an enterprise level historian like PI while WW Historian is more of a site historian.

I don't know. I still bad taste from the Invensys days that I was part of.

Well I guess I'm not the only one then, kind of wish I was more vocal when OSI was being discussed and I would have pushed Ignition much harder. I've only used Ignition as a site historian at many different sites but having all the sites connected.

Being a small part of a global group now, I figured OSI might be the more of an enterprise approach but now not so sure.

I really don't like WonderWare and its historians, plus Rockwells historian pre-OSI was terrible as well.

I guess we wait and see.

Schneider owns (mostly) AVEVA and also its product palette is a mess with no real structure. They even compete on some markets with essentially the same software but little different licensing...

just a mess.

But having three historians would fit into that mess well..

Canary Historian is awesome. Have used it on the last 3 projects.

Ignition with Canary is a really good system.

I have used Rockwell Historian and WW Historian and Canary beats them both hands down.

First time I heard of Canary. Interesting to see another outfit that specialize in process historian. I shall take a look.