AC power sensing module

rpoet

Does a solid-state module exist that senses 120AC input and triggers a 24VDC PLC input?

And yes, I know I can use a simple relay, but I have multiple circuits to monitor and when I add up the wattage of running all the coils 24/7, it's a surprising amount of W/h each year.

Everything Google is finding goes "the other way" and uses a low voltage control signal to switch an AC load.

Thanks,

rpoet

Since it is a lot of circuits, I would suggest using AC input modules for your PLC.

I said PLC to keep it simple. It's actually a device that doesn't have an option for 120VAC inputs. If it were a PLC, that's exactly what I would've suggested.

-rpoet

Last edited:
This is exactly what I'm looking for. I dug through Phoenix's website and never saw these. I like PC's products, but their website is terrible! Thanks!

EDIT: Holy smokes! $73 each, and a month+ leadtime. Gotta love Phoenix Contact.

-rpoet

Well, now that you have a part number, ask around for equivalents from your local electronics dealers.