1769-boolean

chantecler

Hi, I have a project to migrate one Simatic S5 with 48DI and 32DO. I plan to utilize an A-B CompactLogix 1769-L30ER

The cabinet also contains 4 very precise timers that produce a pulse every time they are triggered by a S5 DO.

My question: Is it possible to use a 1769-BOOLEAN module to substitute such timers?

I haven't found much info about the module nor sample code.

The synchronization of the pulses don't need to be as precise as the duration.

The timers have a precision of 0.1msec but I'm sure 1msec will do. The range of the pulses is between 30.0msec to 50.0msec

Thank you

Another option I have to get rid of the old timers is to utilize a 5069 Compact with a fast DO module, but first I have to compare pros and cons. Also can include an encoder to get rid of the cams as well.