Problems with BootP seeing the MAC address on 22-COMM-E for Powerflex 40

Cydog

Good Afternoon ,

For the last couple of times I have had a hard time getting Rockware Software BootP , to see the MAC address on a 22-COMM-E card , plugged into a Powerflex 40. When I open up BootP I get a selection of the following

REaltek PCIe 142.218.138.20
Bluetooth Device Unknown
Realtek RTL Unknown
Microsoft WiFi Adaptor Unknown
Microsoft WiFi Adaptor #2 Unknown

Have any of you had this problem , and what is the above networks , and what have you done to solve those problems ?

Does it have something to do with the firewall ?

Thanks so much for your help .

The above networks are the network adapters on your PC.you will want to choose the Realtek PCIe with your PC's IP address.

Thanks Snyd1 ,

That is what I have been choosing , but it still does not see the MAC address . I tryed new ethernet cable , ribbon cable , and another 22-COMM-E board and it still does not see it. Have you seen any other issues cause this ?

Thanks

No, I have never used the card myself. Looks like you can set the IP address manually through parameters though. That might be another option.

Par # 2 disable BootP
Par# 3 = IP Address
Par#7 = Subnet
Par# 11 = Gateway

Yea. I seen that in the manual , but I can't find parameter 2 , 3
7 and 11 . It starts at P 31 . It does seem to be explained too well . I'm probaly not reading into it right .

Thanks for you help.

Might not be available for the PF40, do you have a green indicator on the adapter or does it flash red?

All flashing Green . On the Powerflex 40 , I see a RG 45 connector . Is that for another HIM ?

It's a DSI port for programming cables or RS-485 communications to PLC...

Don't know if you can add an additional HIM from there, but I always used it for ML1400 communications. Works quite well for that.

Thanks padees ,

How do you commission your 22-COMM-E for Powerflex 40. I had sucess before but I just can't get BootP to see the MAC address on this 22-COMM-E card.

Unfortunately, I have never used that card on a PF40 before.

After the PF525 came out, just have been using those where applicable.

You need to check your server config in the bootp setup and see if the ip you have assigned is in the subnet of the IP address you have assigned to your lan port on your laptop/pc.

...I had sucess before but I just can't get BootP to see the MAC address on this 22-COMM-E card.

I am sure you have do-deca-tuple-checked the MAC address in the BootP server.

Have you considered the ethernet function on the 22-COMM-E might be broken? Is there a working 22-COMM-E available, even as a temporary swap-out from a drive that can be turned off for a few minutes?

Diagnostic: ethernet packet sniffer (e.g. Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.)?

I don't know what to think . We had 2) 22-COMM-E cards on the shelf , but the boxes were open , The cards don't look used.

To clarify , I just have the 22-COMM-E on the bench hanging from Powerflex 40 . I guess the ribbon cable in that state , just provides power to the board , so I can see the MAC Address , and set the IP Address , correct ?

At the moment , my laptop is.....
IP Address 100.100.100.248
Subnet 255.255.0.0

BootP Network Settings .....
Server IP Address 100.100.100.248
Server Subnet 255.255.0.0

Firewalls is turned off

Thanks so much for your help.

Yea. I seen that in the manual , but I can't find parameter 2 , 3
7 and 11 . It starts at P 31 .

Sounds like you are looking at the parameters for the drive, not the communication adapter. You need to select the 22-COMM-E through the Device Select menu on the HIM.

The most likely cause of not seeing the MAC address imo is that BootP is disabled (Parameter 2 set to 0).

Ok. So is this selection in the Advanced Group Parameters
A0** ? When your talking about the HIM on the Powerflex 40 , your talking about the built in HIM , correct ?