Electrician

arkyny

;)

Simple question to some, mostly folk with electrician capabilities. I worked with and wired and programmed PLC's for over 30 years and have seen a lot. I recently bought a 1000w dc/ac, 12v to 110 inverter with sinewave output, 2 110v receps The specs say 1000w, is that per recep or 500 per each. Not sure, rewiring the 2 receps if in fact they were 500w each. 4 amps per recep? got me. Damage control feedback?

Without knowing a model its only a guess, but I'd be fairly confident there's one set of power electronics in there so its 1000W total.

They are generally overload protected but i wouldn't put it through too much abuse. Most are not designed to run things like motors and don't play well with high start up currents.

Are you asking a question, or wanting us to read the specs on your device ?

Why are you even asking this on a PLC forum ???

There are better places ...

Take the cover off and see if there are separate GPO (general purpose outlet) circuits, very unlikely. I think you will find the GPO's are in parallel, so 1000 watts total, can be loaded on 1 outlet or 2, 500 watt each, or 1 at 1000w

Just a question. I know it is PLC because I have been for a few years, but there are also electricians/plc guys so I thought. Didnt mean to ruffle feathers.

;)

Simple question to some, mostly folk with electrician capabilities. I worked with and wired and programmed PLC's for over 30 years and have seen a lot. I recently bought a 1000w dc/ac, 12v to 110 inverter with sinewave output, 2 110v receps The specs say 1000w, is that per recep or 500 per each. Not sure, rewiring the 2 receps if in fact they were 500w each. 4 amps per recep? got me. Damage control feedback?

No manufacturer would rate an inverter at 1kW if it could deliver 2kW. That would be plain stupid.

Yep I'll probably regret this but what crawled up you effing a$$ daba?

Last edited:
The one that I have is rated at 1kw peak, 600 watts continuous. It has 3 outlets. The rating is the total of all the connected devices, so it can have one 600w device, 3 200w, etc.

Whether you guys WANT me to reply, or not, doesn't change the fact that I CAN reply.

I'm thick-skinned.

If either, or any, of you thought any of my replies on this thread were "offensive", or "irrelevant", then go ahead, feel free to report them to the moderators ...

Whether you guys WANT me to reply, or not, doesn't change the fact that I CAN reply.

I'm thick-skinned.

If either, or any, of you thought any of my replies on this thread were "offensive", or "irrelevant", then go ahead, feel free to report them to the moderators ...

Wow, such anger, in all of your replies. I’ m out.