Control Panel Pictures

I wish I had the final pictures for this one. Three door free standing enclosure with lots of room and riveted labels :D

First picture is of the right side, just below, out of view are 3 VFD's

right.jpg

Re: device names on covers

jdbrandt said:
Wire cover (especially near the 'field wiring' is typically
removed during installation, and replaced after startup, if ever.
Similar lengths of wire cover can be interchanged, and the
labels don't line up. And, no, the end user people will NOT
take the time to make sure that all the right ones are in the
right places.

Like that's MY problem?... :D

Seriously though, I'd place the tags on the panel adjacent to the device, but that would require a larger enclosure just to accomodate the extra space needed for the tags. I use P-Touch labels for everything. As long as the surface is clean, they do NOT come off... :cool:

I see it all too often, but I frown of the practice of labeling the device itself. If someone replaces the device, there goes the label... :(

Great job, Norm! 'In progress' pictures are just as good... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

Here's an example of a small panel that is to be placed on a moving shuttle:
[attachment]
Notice how the Moeller isolator switch has a 90-degree angle to let the handle come out of the side of the panel.
And, there is a small fan at the top of the panel to aid in the convection cooling of the panel - A regular ventilator with an opening in the panel cannot be used as the intended location is extremely dirty.

About component labeling: Here in EU (allmost) all relay sockets, contactors, circuit breakers etc. have a detachable tab for putting the label. When exchanging a component you simply swap the tab.

panelexample.jpg

How do you guys in Europe achieve such beautiful work? Every European made panel I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT in my day!) is absolutely GORGEOUS!

I am SOOO jealous!... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Awwwww geee, Eric :oops:

It starts in the kindergaten: "Children, today we shall all try to layout a control panel. The best one will get a reward !"

Edit: For both small and big panels, our panel builders have a lot of say. They put the mounting plate on a table and take some time to layout all the components before attaching them permanently.

JesperMP said:
It starts in the kindergaten: "Children, today we shall all try to layout a control panel. The best one will get a reward !"

Probably true!... :D

I think I'm going to start using galvanized DIN rail and panels. Maybe THAT'S the trick?... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

JesperMP said:
Edit: For both small and big panels, our panel builders have a lot of say. They put the mounting plate on a table and take some time to layout all the components before attaching them permanently.

I do the same. I lay out everything in AutoCAD before drilling a single hole. Here's the layout of that heat staker panel:

[attachment]

But it STILL doesn't turn out NEAR as pretty... :(

beerchug

-Eric

layout.jpg

Egyptian Panel

Hi all
there is a panel which i build in my last project.I alawys put the plc in the top for ventalation efficiency.

image093.jpg

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the Kudos but I wasn't the only one involved. The panels I posted were from my previous work and most things were a group effort.

One thing we did was to plot FULL SCALE drawings of the panel layout including mounting holes. The electricion would tape the drawings down on the panel and drill and tap all the mounting holes right through the drawing.

As long as the drawings were correct and plotted to the correct scale everything works very well!

nOrM

Mike I designed panels about 5 years ago. The desing philosopht was to put the plc at the bottom and the heat generating devices at the top so the heat won't filter through the pls

Eric - sorry I also have no pictures.

Rich