Control Panel Pictures

testsubject said:
You should try the Dinrail mountable outlets from ASI. Single outlet is something like $13. I have been using them and it is easier than mounting a box, outlet and faceplate.

Yes, those are much nicer, Bob (HERE'S a link for other people).

I'm amazed you're not promoting THESE from A-D. Oh wait, promoting is Mike's job... :D

beerchug

-Eric

The first pic is a stainless can for a food processing company.
On the right side you can see a little of a master control panel I designed for a US auto plant.

img_1053a.jpg

This is the first three doors of a 5-door Motor Control Panel.
There were two of these (nearly identical) panels on this job. That is a 1200A main CB. The big devices are Allen-Bradley SMC Soft-starts, bypass contactors and associated hardware.

img_1033a.jpg

Eric,

I would but I have no use for 3 outlets and they are then more expensive than I want to spend. When allthings are considered equal, I go with the cheapest. That is why I have not used the 24VDC Power supplies either. I am getting a really good price on Idec's PS line. I absolutely refuse to spend $415 on a modem and $400 on an Ethernet switch. B&B Electronics has an industrial Ethernet switch for around $180.

Bob

Here are two more pictures from the same project:
1st picture: The control panel with PLC and HMI (sorry, I dont have a photo from the inside of that one )
2nd picture: The sub-panel with VFD etc. (its the outside of the panel that I posted earlier).
[attachment]

panelexample#2.jpg

testsubject said:
Eric,

I absolutely refuse to spend $415 on a modem and $400 on an Ethernet switch. B&B Electronics has an industrial Ethernet switch for around $180.
Bob

Bob, I got my modems at the local computer reseller... I cant tell you how much I paid for my most recent purchase beacuse I havent finished counting them yet.... I would guess about $2.00 a pound, for a box of them weighing about 100+ lbs... They are all Supra 14kbs with a handy digital display, and alum housing.

ADs modem also dials out. I guess that's what the $400 price tag is for..

BTW do you use B&B DE311 (eithernet converter)? Is that what your talking about?

Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

Thanks for the info. I do not use modems very much in my systems. I have been finding out that most of my customers request Ethernet ports more than anything else.

Bob

dscn1821.jpeg

dscn1822.jpeg

I'll get a better pic of the panel by itself later ;)

Very cool 'swing out' EX-Touch there, Mark. Is that an accessory from the enclosure manufacturer? If so, what brand enclosure?

And, as SAK-CO TECH mentioned, Rick's shelf is a nice addition. One question though. If you fail to fold it down before closing the door, does it wipe out the components on the fourth row?... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Very cool 'swing out' EX-Touch there, Mark. Is that an accessory from the enclosure manufacturer? If so, what brand enclosure?

The enclosure is custom, we build it as part of the machine :D

Of course if you fail to fold the screen closed before closing the door banghead then we sell some spare parts :cool:

marksji said:
Of course if you fail to fold the screen closed before closing the door banghead then we sell some spare parts :cool:

I was referring to Rick's shelf, but yes, your HMI door would surely 'trash' the panel. I notice you carefully positioned it to destroy only the most expensive components!... :p

beerchug

-Eric