Omron C200HS to Kepserver

Hi folks

Looking to connect an Omron C200HS to Kepserver using the Peripheral port and the CQM1-CIF02 programming lead. I want to try and use host link protocol on the Peripheral port as I wont need to add new hardware and stop the line.

I have experience connecting Elau, Moeller and Siemens to Kepserver but this is my first Omron.

Does anyone know if its possible to make a CQM1-CIF02 lead. They are now selling for over 1000 pounds a pop and I have 10 machines to connect.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It's been some time since I have used the C200HS I believe the programming port is 232, this poses a number of problems, 232 is short distance and not multidrop. I suggest you use ethernet to 232 converters this way you can multidrop them and use the Kepserver ethernet encapsulation i.e. each Ethernet/232 connection will have it's own IP address.
I have not used this on C200 but connected a number of Mitsubishi FX's this way to Kepserver.
Here is the manual and it shows the connection between two C200's so you should be able to work it out (Page 203).
http://scemosystems.fi/downloads/pd...ogrammable_controller_operation_manual_en.pdf