Siemens Memory Cards

kike

Hi all,

Simple question, Where can I get drivers to read Siemens memory cards in my computer's (no siemens) PCMCIA slot?

I have had a look in siemens support web, but without any result.

If also you have another way to read/write this kind of memory card, it will be very helpfull.

I think it is not possible to use these cards in a PCMCIA slot, this despite that they are physically exactly the same as PCMCIA cards.
Siemens sells a card reader/writer for the S7 MC, S7 MMC and S5 Memory cards. Type # 6ES7792-0AA00-0XA0. List price approx 1000 Euro !

Apart from that, if you are using the MC cards for S7-400, then you can program the MC card when it is sitting in the CPU.

Thanks Jesper, you may be right.

Anyway, just a point. I have insert the memory card in the PCMCIA slot and the HW controller reads it as PCMCIA card. So, if it is only that my software can not read/write on it, it's because I don't have the right driver installed. I think that Siemens's card read/writer may have these drivers on it, and Siemens doesn't give them in other way because they want continue earning that 1000 euro, don't they?