Micrologix 1100 and Pilz

RobertKoto

Has anyone had a chance to get messaging working between Micrologix 1100 and Pilz PNOZ?. We did CompactLogix but 1100 is giving me a hard time.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Can you provide some more information about the exact PILZ product and device you are using, and what you have already tried ?

In general, devices that support only cyclic I/O connections cannot communicate with MicroLogix 1100 controllers because those controllers do not support cyclic I/O connections.

The MicroLogix 1100 can use a CIP Generic message to read and write an Assembly Object, but not all devices support reading and writing of Assemblies instead of associating an Assembly with a cyclic I/O connection.

Thanks Ken.
I am trying messaging from 1100 to PNOZ m1p ETH. I know the issue is with MSG setup in 1100. I can't find any info on internet re: the settings. I had same problem with Keyenca probe but between me and Keyence we got the issue resolved. I was told by Pilz that the messaging should work, but that is all I got from them. Trying different configurations with no luck.

FYI.
In order to get communication between A/B and Pilz PNOZ mc8p has to be used. Processor Ethernet is not for messaging.