Gx Simulator 2 - 2 phase encoder

chengold

Hello guys,

I’m looking for a solution how to simulate 2 phase encoder in GX Works2.
In the real world when the encoder is connected to the PLC (connected at X0 and X1 in my example), its works well but when I try
to simulate it by 3rd party software via the mx opc server I cant get any value in C252 counter as usually with the physical PLC.

Is there a solution to this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chen

Hello guys,

I’m looking for a solution how to simulate 2 phase encoder in GX Works2.
In the real world when the encoder is connected to the PLC (connected at X0 and X1 in my example), its works well but when I try
to simulate it by 3rd party software via the mx opc server I cant get any value in C252 counter as usually with the physical PLC.

Is there a solution to this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chen

Hi Chen.

It sounds like your counter should just increment if your logic is correct, however there will always be differences between running the real hardware and the simulator package.

Why do you need an OPC server to do this for you? ie why are the counts not incrementing directly from the hardware? I do not think you will be able to utilise an OPC server against the GX Simulator

When I simulate encoder impulses (lets say for simulation/pre testing or if there is a requirement to run without an encoder) I normally rely on a fixed clock on a fixed cyclic interval, then the answer is to simply pass the scaled conveyor speed into whatever logic requires it.

Regards

Daniel