Wonderware Intouch Windowmaker unable to open

epicnote

Hi All,

When I try and run WindowMaker I get the follwoing errors:
1. Corrupted Database
2. Read Error
3. DB cannot be loaded. Are database files read only? or user has read-only access? Exiting WindowMaker
4. Database initialization failure. It maybe necessary to restart Windows before starting Windowmaker again
5. Initialization failed
I tried re-booting the PC and I am still getting this error. WindowViwer is running fine

Highly appreciated if anyone here can help me to solve this.

Thank you.

Well, is your Intouch app folder or the files in it read only? What version of Intouch?

Unexpected shutdowns or crashing windowmaker can corrupt databases. Windowviewer will still sometimes run but tags may no function properly and all sorts of weird behaviour can occur.

Do you have a backup of the application?

I suggest you install Intouch on a test machine and attempt to carry out repairs on a copy of your application rather than on the production machine. If confirming that you have write access to the application folder and still no joy, then i would use dbdump.exe to extract your tag database, or what's left of it. Use excel to check for corrupted tags. The use dbload to import the db again.

If still no joy then there are some technotes on the Wonderware developer network for repairing or recovering badly damaged applications. Hopefully you've kept your software support up to date and have a log in

Yes, my Intouch application folder attributes is "Read-only(Only applies to files in folder)". Should i remove the "Read-only"?

Well that's what the error messages indicate!

Make a copy of your application folder for backup purposes

Then change attributes for the ordinal folder and files to read/write.

Try opening windowmaker now

Hi All,

When I try and run WindowMaker I get the follwoing errors:
1. Corrupted Database
2. Read Error
3. DB cannot be loaded. Are database files read only? or user has read-only access? Exiting WindowMaker
4. Database initialization failure. It maybe necessary to restart Windows before starting Windowmaker again
5. Initialization failed
I tried re-booting the PC and I am still getting this error. WindowViwer is running fine

Highly appreciated if anyone here can help me to solve this.

Thank you.

Is it possible that someone had backed this application up onto a CD? That will automatically set every file's "Read Only" attribute.

Hi,

Just wanna update. I manage to solve the problem by using DBdump.exe. It was the database issue. by the way, thanks to all and Saffa

Wonderware intouch 2014r2 platform issue

Hi everybody. Please help me.
I am opening my project with wonder maker and viewer.
But my pc suddenly shotdown. I restart pc and open wonder maker but not allow so I import backup then open window viewer. Some tagname not work, Some tagname work. Before shutdown my project work nice. How can i fix it. Thanks