PF 753 Config loss

twammen

We are having an issue with a Powerflex 753 losing its configuration when the facility experiences a power failure for an extended period of time (2Hrs). The Ethernet adapter however retains its IP. It will not malfunction when when when experiencing a brief power outage (15 mins). There are 5 other drives configured the same on this location but only have an issue with the one dive losing its config. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks

Are you using a Logix processor? If so, do you have ADC turned on in this location? This is the most common thing that causes what people PERCEIVE is the drive "losing it's memory", when in fact what is happening is that they have ADC enabled and don't understand it. ADC (Automatic Device Configuration) will store the VFD's programming in the PLC memory card and after a power failure, it will compare the programming in the VFD to what is in the PLC memory and if different, puts what's in the PLC memory back into the VFD. So if you made changes to the VFD programming but did NOT know that you had to update the PLC memory for that location, it APPEARS as though the drive is losing your programming. this tends to happen when not everyone is told about ADC functionality.

Thank you for the help. I did verify that the ADC function is not enabled. I guess we could enable it as a possible work around.