Sinamics S110 configuration

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear All

I have Sinamics S110 drive that I will use to control a conveyor belt in steps, I have a 10 meter long conveyor belt, on the belt I have mounted 10 blocks with exactly 1 meter apart, I place a sensor that will detect each block.

Each time I activate a button, I would like to move the belt until the sensor detect the next block, and time is an issue, so I need to complete the step as fast as possible, so a sharp ramp up and down.

At first I thought this would be very easy, but the belt will slowly stretch over time, so the distance between my reference points will change, my first thought was to slightly overshoot the distance and stop on the sensor, but I might still need to adjust the distance over time.

Any good advice before I jump into this, will I need a PLC as well or can this be done using the S110 controller?

Any advice would be great :)

Thanks
/Holmux