Help FSC Instruction Problems AB Studio 5000 Help

nocmsa

I've been beating my head ;) in all day trying to figure out why the FSC instruction isn't working in my Program. I Created a 1500 Recipe Database Array "Look up table" that will hold a Job Number (String) and several Program Numbers for Robots on a conveyor system. I'm Searching for a match just for the Job Number so I can Write that Array of Data into a separate tag. For This example i'm searching for Job M13150. However The FSC Never Finds any of String I'm defining. Is there something i'm missing? I've check Syntax several times and no Success. Any help would be appreciated 🤞🏻

Attach are pictures of some of the Logic. along with my FSC Expression below

DataEntry_COP=Recipe_Job[RecipeFSC.POS].Job_Number

logic.png mold data.png SEARCH.png

I know it sounds dumb, but the FSC string has to match EXACTLY. Case, length, any weird characters in your database? CR/LF stuff like that?

i recreated what you have shown and it works just fine for me. I only made my array a length of 32, but the concept should be the same.

I did add some RES instructions, maybe that's an issue?

EDIT: I couldn't get it to work without the resets. once it finishes, it wont restart unless you reset it. Try that, should help as long as the strings you are searching for exist in the array.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Still No success! (See Picture) What could be missing? i searched for ABC which is the 4th Array in my recipe Database and nothing they both have a count of 3 Characters and both capitalized. hmmm...

I know it sounds dumb, but the FSC string has to match EXACTLY. Case, length, any weird characters in your database? CR/LF stuff like that?

i recreated what you have shown and it works just fine for me. I only made my array a length of 32, but the concept should be the same.

I did add some RES instructions, maybe that's an issue?

EDIT: I couldn't get it to work without the resets. once it finishes, it wont restart unless you reset it. Try that, should help as long as the strings you are searching for exist in the array.

FAIL.png

I exported your rungs and imported into my L72. Works fine, found ABC immediately with no issues.
The only difference i can obviously see is that I'm running V30. I skipped V27, heard it was awful and buggy.
i don't see anything wrong with the code.

Okay ill try v30 tomorrow its been a long day at work. Thanks i'll let you know what happens

SUCCESS! It worked I forgot I had downloaded v30 on my computer some weeks ago. I appreciate the help. I'm going to have to pick your brain as I tackle this huge project thanks for the help! Be blessed!

Glad you got it working. I had problems with 23,24,26,27. Most of the problems i had were editing tags or trying to type in tag names in ladder without using the dropdown. logix would fatal crash everytime.
If you need help, just let me know. i haven't had any crashes with V30, knock on wood.

..... Any help would be appreciated 🤞🏻

Just a thought, you are creating storage for STRINGs that allow for 82 characters in length.

If your Lot-Numbers are shorter (e.g. max. 10 characters), save some memory by creating your own STRING data-type....

e.g. STRING10

Configure it for 10 characters.

In that example, the recipe database will shrink by...

72 (characters=bytes) x 1500 (recipe entries) = 108,000 bytes !

Many people are unaware you can create your own STRING data-types, in the same way you can create other UDTs

2017-06-28_150623.jpg

Thank you for the Tip!🍺

Just a thought, you are creating storage for STRINGs that allow for 82 characters in length.

If your Lot-Numbers are shorter (e.g. max. 10 characters), save some memory by creating your own STRING data-type....

e.g. STRING10

Configure it for 10 characters.

In that example, the recipe database will shrink by...

72 (characters=bytes) x 1500 (recipe entries) = 108,000 bytes !

Many people are unaware you can create your own STRING data-types, in the same way you can create other UDTs