FactoryTalk ME Diable Button Based on User Level

DannyD303

I have set points located on the screen but I want only upper level users to be able to change the settings. I don't want them to enter their password every time they need to change it.

Any ideas would be good.

I tried putting an invisible box on top to the buttons but you can still change SP's when its visible

Rockwell doesn't expose the enable properties, that would make too much sense. One option is to place an end key on top. When the end key is visible it will remove focus and prevent them from selecting. You can make it transparent.

Gotta love RA...

I was just about to respond and say its not working but after restarting the application.... it works o_O

Thank you all!

I just wish FT ME would have things like CurrentUserHasCode() and system\user="" would be in some sort of drop down list

I just wish FT ME would have things like CurrentUserHasCode() and system\user="" would be in some sort of drop down list

As with most software, there is a learning curve. RA HMI stuff is garbage, but to your point, they do have a list of expressions and functions, see photos.

1.png 2.png 3.png

Last edited: