Citect Scada Trend inside Genie using metadata

Walls

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Citect Scada and am currently working on a little fun project that goes alone nicely with my PLC program.
When I have a frequency converter connected I normally send 3 analog variables, speed, current and torque, to the control system. In my faceplate I would like to show these, as I have set up the trendtags as part of the Equipment editor.

I've made myself a Genie, and have the Equipment set as metadata, and this is as much as I would like to transmitt, since the rest of the tag is already set in stone from the equipment editor.
However, I cannot seem to load the 3 tags using metadata names, such as "?Equip?.trendtag" or by using ProcessAnalystPopup function, setpens, or ProcessAnalystLoadFile. If I choose the trends in advance it works fine, but this requires manual work for every single time I plan on using this. Not really desirable.

This is the closest thing to working I've managed: ProcessAnalystSetPen(0,"?Equip?._Status_Speed_Trend","AN4"). This creates a pen in the requested window, but I get a cluster error, but that disapears after a few seconds.

Any clues what I might be doing wrong?