Micrologix 1100, ascii string, ethernet, rs232

lloydsteve

Does any one knows if micrologix 1100 would be a good choice to receive ascii string characters by Ethernet port and forward it using rs232 port and vice versa?

I have this project where micrologix 1100 is supposed to receive instructions from a XP windows computer by ascii strings, enable a couple outputs depending on the string and re-send the same string by rs232 with some minor changes.

If your XP computer has a Rockwell PCCC Encapsulation protocol driver, then your application can work.

But the MicroLogix 1100 cannot receive or send generic ASCII data over Ethernet.

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, i am reposting this beacuse I'm still having issues with the "READ" ARL or ARD instructions. I have a pdf of a program that I found on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am working with a micrologix 1100 allen bradley plc and I need to send and receive ascii code to a sensor device. The syntax for the...
Replies
Views
I'm using a Micrologix 1100 and I want to add a sensor that has a RS422/ASCII output. The sensor outputs a series of messages in hex format over...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i got some problem about i think some configuaration in mine micrologix1100. I try to write some string (ascii) via serial com to some...
Replies
Views
Hey everybody, I have two Micrologix 1100 connected via a serial cable between the two 9pin rs232 ports. I am trying to send a simple ASCII...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom