Redlion Triggers based on time

wutnots

I have a working project in which I created a program to save "inventory" to the compact flash card, naming it based on date and time, with the click of a pushbutton, using a user defined program called "Save Inventory".
I am interested in executing this program on a pre-determined periodicity, ie. at the beginning of each shift, 3 times daily. I am looking for a little help in creating a trigger based on time (creating a tag that is time based, which will allow me to possible change the scheduled save time). Not really interested in using the log file or batch recording, as my program stores it in the required format.
Thanks for any help.

Hello,

Are you using Crimson 2.0 or Crimson 3.0?

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to call a program 3 times a day on the hour?

Thanks
Jeremy

I am using Crimson 2.0. I am using a Plant Marquee, which is only compatable with 2.0, but will convert as soon as available.
I would like to compare a tag (time based) to 3 setpoints (another tag, for ease of changing)that roughly corresponds to 7am, 3pm, and 11 pm. At these appropriate times, I would like to trigger the touchscreen to call the program to save the inventory. I would like to be able to easily, externally vary the times required to save this inventory, not looking to hard code it.

I am using Crimson 2.0. I am using a Plant Marquee, which is only compatable with 2.0, but will convert as soon as available.
I would like to compare a tag (time based) to 3 setpoints (another tag, for ease of changing)that roughly corresponds to 7am, 3pm, and 11 pm. At these appropriate times, I would like to trigger the touchscreen to call the program to save the inventory. I would like to be able to easily, externally vary the times required to save this inventory, not looking to hard code it.

I would create a formula integer with the value GetHour(GetNow()). You can use the two triggers for your first two shifts and create another formula for your third shift. The value of the trigger can be link to a tag so the triggered hour can be changed from the panel.

If you wish you can email me at [email protected] for an example

Thanks
Jeremy

Alternatively, make your formula tag a Flag type and use the following expression:

GetHour(GetNow())==SetpointTag1 || GetHour(GetNow())==SetpointTag2 || GetHour(GetNow())==SetpointTag3

I was having a hard time getting the time out of the GetNow() procedure. But I did this and it works like a champ. Thanks.