Sinumerik 805 - Blank Screen

CaptHook

Hey all,

Im working on grinding machine that is controlled by a Siemens Sinumerik 805. I have no experience with these whatsoever and almost none with Siemens controllers all together, so any information at all would be of great help.

Recently, the monitor on the Grinder went blank. It appeared to not have any power. I checked the power on the back and sure enough it had 24v to power it but for some reason wasn't displaying anything. Luckily we had a spare monitor to replace this one, but when that when we plugged in the spare, we had the same issue. The video cable checked out fine, too.

This morning, we replaced the entire controller and swapped out the memory modules. Lo and behold, the monitor powers up! But its still blank! It looks like just the backlight is on. All you can see is the burned-on image (which you can see when its unplugged too).

The machine generally appears to work, using physical pushbuttons we can get coolant to be released and stop releasing, etc.

Both controllers have the CPU fault light on and the IO Module plate also has both its indicator lights on (which I'm assuming also means Fault). Whether or not these have any relation to the screen, I dont know but figured I would give any detail that I can.

If anyone has experienced anything like this before, I would greatly appreciate ANY insight you may have. I'm spinning my wheels here.

Thanks everyone!

-Cpt

From what I read of your post, you tried swapping out a pretty comprehensive list of components. Is there anything left you haven't tried to swap? If you swap out all the components, but still have the same problem, then thats a bit of a stumper.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the 805. My (limited) CNC experience is with the 840D.

We came to the conclusion yesterday afternoon that the issue is related to the battery back-up. For some reason when the battery bank is plugged in, the screen wouldn't boot up (not even the splash screen) but when we removed it, everything started up (though we lost all the data and have to re-initialize). I will dig deeper into the battery situation and see if anyone else has had this problem.

Very strange stuff, but if we just need to replace the battery bank, it will be lal-in-all a pretty simple fix.

Hi Capthook,

I am facing the similar problem of blank display on sinumerik 805. Can u please let me know what was the solution for this problem.

Regards,
Pravin