Cutler Hammer Programming Software

Doug_Adam

I am looking for some programming software for some old PLCs we have on site.
They are Cutler Hammer CH40 or NEC PL40M Mk2.
It is the same PLC, just looks like one was built under licence to the other.
The situation, we still have quite aa few on site, and it will be a few years before they can all be replaced. We are using hand held programmers, but would like a way to archive the programs on our server.
Does anyone know what software can be used to program these things and which company sells it?
Local support dried up years ago.

Thanks,

Doug

Toshiba made some of them and CH etc brand labeled them. You can find dos based software at the Toshiba web site.

Personally, I would replace them with your brand of choice.

Thanks Ron, I will try that.

I always thought that the Toshibas were a knock off of a Modicon PLC.

Anyway, some of these will be replaced over the next few years, and the rest are on plant that will probably be decommissioned in five years time. This is to tide us over until then.

Thanks,

Doug

If you need it, I have the software and cable. I believe it is an RS485 connection. I have the manuals as well. Contact me and I will help as much as I can.

David

402-990-5311

Good morning David
My name is Daniel Dominguez from " Buenos Aires " Argentina

we need to buy the following elements:
EXPDD2040-V2 Programing Software (We lower the version of the web but HARD KEY requests us)
EX2040PRCA Programing cable
EX2040CNV232 RS232/TTl converter

to communicate with a CH D100

Who can provide us this material.

from already thank you.

Hi Adam

I have a manual for NEC PL40M MarkII

I am sorry it is in Danish, but most of the programming is explained with diagrams and icons!

It is explained how software can be saved by a cassette recorder via the jackplug of the programming unit, or how EEP-ROM's and EPROM's can be burned.

Interested? Ebbemonster

Doug_Adam said:
I am looking for some programming software for some old PLCs we have on site.
They are Cutler Hammer CH40 or NEC PL40M Mk2.
It is the same PLC, just looks like one was built under licence to the other.
The situation, we still have quite aa few on site, and it will be a few years before they can all be replaced. We are using hand held programmers, but would like a way to archive the programs on our server.
Does anyone know what software can be used to program these things and which company sells it?
Local support dried up years ago.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug
Did you find where you could get Programming software for Cutler Hammer CH40?
I need to back up the a program and maybe reinstall.
I am about to relocate a machine from Sydney to Mackay QLD.
Hope you can help.
Regards
John