Batch Deleting Applications saved in Factory Talk view Mahcine Edition??

darkmxhp

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know if it's possible to "Batch Delete" applications saved in factory talk view like though windows or something. The right way to do it would be through Application manager, but when you have so many applications you want to delete this just takes way too much time. Is there a much faster way to do it? Likw through windows or something else. I remember I tried to do it through windows once, but did it incomplete, and the application still showed up in the open windows form factory talk view but could no longer open or delete that file. Like I had deleted it in an incomplete way.
Help, anyone???

As far as I know if you remove using windows then FTV does not see that removal, you have to use the application manager to do any thing with FTV.
And I think that if you use windows to remove projects then you cannot delete them with the application manager.

Alan.

As far as I know if you remove using windows then FTV does not see that removal, you have to use the application manager to do any thing with FTV.
And I think that if you use windows to remove projects then you cannot delete them with the application manager.

Alan.

Yes, I know what you mean, I tried doing that myself once, and you are left with a file in factory talk view that you can neither open nor delete. But I was wondering if somebody knew a way.

Just trying to make my work easier, since when starting a new project, Panelview Applications are constantly revised on a daily basis by different people, projects just keep on being created in my factory talk view and there is a need to clean up sometimes in order to keep adding more projects.

The only method for deleting applications is to use the FactoryTalk View Application Manager.

Yes, it is slow and time consuming, but it is the only way.

Just as an experiment, I first deleted the entire application folder in windows. Then I launched FT View and the application name was still there in the list of existing applications.

I closed FT View and launched Application Manager and selected that application to be deleted.Since it's entire folder had already been deleted it took less than a second.Then launched FT View again and the application's name was no longer there in the existing applications list.

I am just stating what I observed and am in no way endorsing this method of deletion because there may be exceptions to the success of the above procedure and related problems/repercussions that I am not aware of.

Just as an experiment, I first deleted the entire application folder in windows. Then I launched FT View and the application name was still there in the list of existing applications.

I closed FT View and launched Application Manager and selected that application to be deleted.Since it's entire folder had already been deleted it took less than a second.Then launched FT View again and the application's name was no longer there in the existing applications list.

I am just stating what I observed and am in no way endorsing this method of deletion because there may be exceptions to the success of the above procedure and related problems/repercussions that I am not aware of.

The actual deleting of applications is relatively quick using the application manager. The time consuming part is launching it and getting to the point to hit the delete button. So navigating to the project directory, deleting the folder, then going through the application manager to completely remove it seems like it would take much longer.

We had a FactoryTalk product manager form Rockwell here a few weeks ago and the application manager was a big complaint of mine. We offered them some suggestions to improve it (amongst other things):

1) Tell me when you are done doing what I asked you to do (restore, backup, delete)
2) Don't close when you are done, I might just want to delete another one
3) If it already exists, let me overwrite it for crying out loud.
4) Do the projects really have to be in such an obscure place?
5) Does the application manager have to exist at all? Why wasn't it designed so that I can just copy/paste the folder. Why not have a "File > SaveAs" in the menu instead of a separate program to rename projects.