RS Linx and RS Networx/DeviceNet - Cannot Drill down to backplane to see 1747-SDN

Thanks everyone for your advice , and experience .

So lets say you get a call to go to a machine . You investigate the problem and you find out that the 1747-SDN ( DeviceNet) module is bad. You find a new 1747-SDN on the shelf. What would be the procedure you would do to get the line back up running ?

I imagine you would need to load the Scan List in the new 1747-SDN ?
What cable would you use ?
Would you go through the CPU , or the 1747-SDN ?
I guess you would use the 1747-SDNPT Driver , or what do you use ?

Thanks for revisiting this with me .

I would just replace the 1747-SDNPT you just said the problems is in the SDNPT card why change the CPU
But that leaves you with the problem of what was the setup of the SDNPT card
If it was backed up correctly as it should have been then just download it. Otherwise you will have to rebuild it from scratch
You should have the Device net adapter that just plugs in to the SDNPT port

I did not mean replacing the CPU . I just meant , how would you load the required EDS files , scan list , etc. to the 1747-SDN ? The files that I have are the Rockwell Automation Devicenet Files that are in RS Networx for DeviceNet.

In what situation would you need to load EDS files ?
Just asking,what cable would you use to to load this file on a new 1747-SDN ?
Is there any cable that connects directly to the 1747-SDN(The big 5 pin plug)?

Thanks,

The .EDS files are used by the RSNetworx (for DeviceNet) software which is used for configuring the network's 'contents' and the network's Scanlist.

Only the Scanlist gets downloaded to the 1747-SDN scanner.

One would need a .EDS file to be registered on the PC running RSNetworx when adding a new device type or when updating an existing one; the data related to the new .EDS will be compiled within said Scanlist.

Again, the Scanlist would need to be downloaded to the 1747-SDN scanner; a 1784-U2DN (USB-to-DeviceNet cable) or a 1770-KFD (Serial-to-DeviceNet adapter) could be used to connect the RSNetworx PC to a network and then the Scanlist downloaded to the Scanner.