RSLINX ethernet SLC505

islman1975

I'm having trouble programming a SLC 505 over ethernet. I've set the IP addresss of the processor serially and can ping the node fine from my PC.( i'm using a hub and 2 patch cables not cross over). I'm not sure which one of the two ethernet drivers in RSlinx i need to use to get RSLogixs 500 to connect to my PLC so I can program it. I've tried both and neither can see the PLC ethernet node at all. Can't find a decent manual explanning the settings in thease two drivers neither.
I'm using RS Logix 500 build 5.50.00 & RSLinx 2.40.01(Build16). The SLC505 is a 1747-L551B.

with the ethernet driver you need to go to the config and enter the ip of the proc. ethernetip will only work with the newer versions of the proc (ie. ethernetip enabled)

Drewcrew6

Got it working now. I've used the Ethernet Devices driver and where it asks for host name you put the Ip address of the processor. Cheers

Hello,

I am using a Allen Bradley SLC505 with ethernet connection. My customer wants to get only three values from the plc and datalog them in the pc through the ethernet connection. I have not done this and have never used ethernet so now is the time to learn. In the past, I used DDE server to capture plc data into an excel spreadsheet and then made averages, max,min, etc. I want to find the cheapest solution to do this with the customer in order not to buy any expensive datalogging software. What will I need to get the data from the plc to the pc's excel program or what is the cheapest and easiest solution? I have Rslinx but we use the lite version although I do see an ethernet driver there.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Paul Kemp