RsLinx version for RsView32 Runtime?

monkeyhead

Does anybody here know what version of RSLinx is required for the RSView32 runtime? I've been on Rockwell Software's site for about an hour now and I can't dig up any information. I keep running accross documentation that only says to use the version that is supplied with RSView32. The version I have (cat #93012SE3200) only comes with RSLinx Lite, which doesn't seem to be working.

Any version, other than RSLinx Lite (no OPC capabilities) will work with RSView 32. Be advised that RSLinx single-node will only allow (1) OPC connection.

If you got RSLinx bundled with your RSView 32, it should be either RSLinx Pro or RSLinx Single-Node. It sounds like you loaded the RSLinx, but didn't activate the software (it will run as Lite w/o activation).

Looking up the P/N you listed, you do indeed have RSView 32 without RSLinx. The RSLinx lite may have been on your machine from an RSLogix or PanelBuilder install (Lite is included with these).

According to their catalog numbers, the version I have does not come bundled with RSLinx... The 'Lite' version just happened to be on one of the extra CDs in the box.

Thanks for the help!

Lite would work if you're only using direct drivers in RSView. In RSView32 Works project manager, look under System > Node, and see what driver types are being used by the nodes in the application. If they all use a direct driver RSLinx LIte should work ... at least in my training session several years ago, that's how things were. If the RSView app uses DDE or OPC, then Lite won't work as mgvol pointed out. I think there may be issues with the revision level more so than the software version. I had problems using RSView32 v 7.0 with RSLinx v 2.2. There are only about ten thousand technotes about RSView32 at ab's website! So I haven't found anything specific. What exact revisions are you using?

Rev. 6.30.16

I'll have to check, but I believe I'm using direct drivers. The RSView Project is the HMI for a process that utilizes 4 machines (all 500 series PLCs) over ethernet.

Monkey,

We are using OEM version. I haven't tried the others with RSView.

Although I remember reading that "Single Node" will work if there is only 1 plc.

BD

RSView32 and RSLinx.
RSLinx Lite = no
RSlinx Single Node = DDE and OPC to only one PLC - No Direct Driver
RSLinx OEM = DDE, OPC and direct driver to one or more PLC.
and on up from there.
RSLinx for RSView works ONLY with RSView SE and is activated by the RSView activation.