Local
Mcr
PAR
RCP
Startup
TAG
Trend
VBA

i need some help actually opening the graphics files. i tried creating a new project and copying all of the subdirectories into the directory that was created from the new application. RSStudio ME would not open these files. it almost seems like there needs to be some sort or "import" to actually open the graphics files??

any help would be appreciated!!

what you need to do is make a backup of the original application using RSview Enteprise Application manager. This makes a *.apa file which you can move around. Unpack the apa with the RSview Enteprise Application manager as well.

once you have it setup using the above copying direct files does work but it MUST be in C:\documents and settings\all users\shared documents\rsview enteprise\ME\HMI projects\name of project.

SilverLoop said:
i was given a directory folder with the following subdirectories:

Cache
Comprf
DLGLOG
EDS
Gfx
Global Objects
Images
KEY
LNG
Local
Mcr
PAR
RCP
Startup
TAG
Trend
VBA

i need some help actually opening the graphics files. i tried creating a new project and copying all of the subdirectories into the directory that was created from the new application. RSStudio ME would not open these files. it almost seems like there needs to be some sort or "import" to actually open the graphics files??

any help would be appreciated!!
There also should have been a .med file in the directory with the same name as the directory. I have "imported" projects using the method you describe. You have to create a project with the exact same name and you need the original .med file. What I have done is delete the entire newly-created project directory and then copy in the project directory I want to "import".

The proper method is as AndrewB says, using the application manager to make/unpack an archive file.

you can also nick a *.mer app running in RSviewMEstation as well if you dont have an apa or the project directory....

When the runtime mer runs, the project files are created in a directory which i cant remember on the local machine

Gerry said:
There also should have been a .med file in the directory with the same name as the directory. I have "imported" projects using the method you describe. You have to create a project with the exact same name and you need the original .med file. What I have done is delete the entire newly-created project directory and then copy in the project directory I want to "import".

this method worked for what i was wanting to do...which was just view the graphics files. i will need to create a new application based upon this one only in appearance.

thanks everyone for the input!

Last edited:
Just as an FYI to readers of this thread,

The link posted by AndrewB details the process of importing a project. This is all that is necessary to take all of the files and get them recognized by RSView ME.

All this talk of creating a new project and then overwriting with the existing files is unnecessary.

Of course the "right" way is to use the Application Manager beforehand to export to an .APA file.

OG