RSLogix 5000 Emulate Analogue Module

Emulate how? You can have them in your I/O tree. If you want them to change values, inhibit the module and write test code to write to the Analog Data Channels in the case of Input Analog Modules. Output Analog Modules you write to the Data Channels anyway.

robertmee,
. Thanks for the reply. If i have an analog module in my RSLogix 5000 project what do i put in its place in the emulator. The only module option seems to be digital i/o.

Thanks
Paul.

robertmee,
. Thanks for the reply. If i have an analog module in my RSLogix 5000 project what do i put in its place in the emulator. The only module option seems to be digital i/o.

Thanks
Paul.

I don't follow....You can put every module you want in your I/O tree, including motion modules, ENBT's, etc. Me thinks you are trying to put modules in the emulator rack. That's not how emulator works. All you need to put in the emulator rack is your processor, then in your project change your processor type to Emulator and dump it into the processor in the Emulation rack. Then all your I/O modules in your project tree are available to read/write to if you inhibit them. If you leave them active, then of course all Inputs will be zero because you have no physical connection to real I/O. So, to test, I usually inhibit the module in the I/O tree then write simulation code to write values to Input modules as real world I/O would behave.

There is a digital module that you can place in the emulator rack. But as you found out, there isn't an analog one. I never use these. I just write code to the modules already configure in the I/O tree.

Robertmee,
You are correct, I have been trying to replicate my I/O tree in the emulator. Thanks for the information. It would be nice if the Rockwell documentation explained this.

Thanks
Paul.

There is a digital module that you can place in the emulator rack. But as you found out, there isn't an analog one. I never use these. I just write code to the modules already configure in the I/O tree.

Hi.
I dont get it how to simulate analog IO using the emulator by writing code?
Any example?