Wonderware and an AB Micro 850

JaxGTO

Anybody have any success using a Wonderware Intouch 11.1 and a Micro 850? According to WW they don't have a Micro 850 driver and I have to use the Micro 850 Modbus mapping and the WW Modbus driver :mad:. Yea that's not ugly. Besides the Micro 850 will only map 200 tags to Modbus. With recipe management I need at least 450 tags.

I am thinking now just using a Kepware driver or just talk the customer into a PanelView Plus.

Any thoughts?....Jack.

I agree with either Kepware or Topserver as an interface. They have a driver for almost anything and their support is outstanding. I have made it a rule in our organisation to use topserver between our PLCs and SCADA. You cant go wrong for the little it costs.

Last edited:
They are exactly the same when you look at the software packages and their drivers are exactly the same. Not sure who the actual developers are, but i know Kepware and Softwaretoolbox are product partners. Like i said it is exactly the same package just under a different name.

The AdvancedHMI Micro800 driver uses native tag addressing and works simply by using the ControlLogix driver and completely removing the route path since there is no backplane to route through. Does the WW ControlLogix driver allow you to remove the route path?

The AdvancedHMI Micro800 driver uses native tag addressing and works simply by using the ControlLogix driver and completely removing the route path since there is no backplane to route through. Does the WW ControlLogix driver allow you to remove the route path?

No such luck, but great idea. WW driver is very ridged in it's configuration and requires a BackPlane device.

My customer decided to go with the Topserver driver.

Thanks all.