24VDC and 110VAC in same conduit

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have some 24VDC contact signals and 115VAC to the coil of a contactor to go to an enclosure.
Is there anything wrong with running the 115VAC with the 24VDC in same conduit? I don't really want to run 1 conduit for the 24VDC wiring (5 wires) and another conduit juts to carry a 115VAC signal and neutral.

Use a surge suppressor connected to the contactor coil and probably it will run fine on one conduit.
Some contactor brands like Schneider have suppressors on the catalog

Depending on how high the current is at the 120V circuits, and how sensitive the devices on the 24VDC circuit are, you can occasionally get inductive coupling on the 24VDC wires that will do something like not allow a DC circuit to drop out. It's easy to fix, it's just something to be aware of.