FactoryTalkView ME project to PC

pr_wainwright

Hi,
I have an RSLogix 5000 project which uses a PanelView Plus 6 HMI created using FactoryTalk View ME. My client has now asked if the HMI functionality can be repeated in a control room. The control room uses only PC's so using another HMI would not be practical. Do I need to recreate the HMI application in RSView32 or do I have any other easier options?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Paul.

You would need to recreate it if you wanted to use RSView32. Or you could buy ME station which runs on PCs. It is sold in different screen count versions.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellsoftware/performance/view/orderinginfo.html

Choose your poison based on the total number of screens in the application. Note that it is only supported on Windows XP or 2000 machines. I'm not sure what the story is on support for Windows 7, I'm sure someone else here or at your local A-B distributor can help with that. (Don't even ask about Windows 8.)

View attachment 24755

Version 6.0 runs on Windows 7 32 bit, 6.1 runs on W7 X64.