Cognex ActiveX on a PanelView Plus 1250

electro89

I'm trying to get the display control ActiveX for In-Sight to work with a PanelView Plus 1250. It is supposed to display the In-Sight software stored in the Cognex camera. I have been able to get it to work in simulation on FactoryTalk, but when I load it onto the HMI, it just shows a hatched box (where the ActiveX was placed). Any suggestions on why this might be?

Does Cognex even advertise that they support the ActiveX object on the PV+ terminal itself ?

I saw both the USB webcam object and the Cognex ActiveX running on beta PV+ version 6.30 or v7.x terminals at Automation Fair. But I didn't think that they had support for that ActiveX in the current version 6.10 firmware of the PV+ terminal.

Have you performed any steps to install the Cognex ActiveX on the terminal, or is it supposed to be rolled up inside the *.MER file ?

Thanks for your reply
I know that it is supposed to work on PanelView, however I'm not 100% sure it will work with 6.10. I'm currently trying to contact Cognex to find out..

We are also trying to figure out how to install the Cognex ActiveX on the terminal.

We are planning to use an SD card loaded with a batch file to install the *.ocx file.... I've been searching the web and my computer's directories for a batch file for this but no luck.. hoping I don't have to write it myself because that would be very time consuming

Cognex ActiveX on a Panelview Plus

Did anyone find a solution to this? I tried to install the Insight Core Components.exe on a panelview plus WinCE v.6.1 but with no success. The file won't even open on the terminal. I don't have any problem using the Cognex ActiveX control in FTV environment on a Windows 7 platform.

Cognex Tech Support told me that although they do not officially support their Display Control on WinCE platforms, that it may still work. However, I cannot get it to work.

One solution others could try is using the Cognex VisionView software which DOES have a WinCE version that can be purchased. I've used this on PVP 6.0 terminals. However, it uses the Program Launcher ActiveX control and so it is not embedded into the FTV application; rather, it runs on top of the FTV application. This makes it too quirky for me to want to use it on any panelview plus that is not just a dedicated camera HMI.
-Chris

our solution to this was unfortunately purchasing licences for visionview. I started going along the route of changing the batch file of an ActiveX component in order to install the Cognex ActiveX to the PanelView, which is the only way I found it would be possible, but Cognex that it will not work on WinCE Platform.

I'd like to hear if you end up getting it to work without buying VisionView

hello,

i am in the process of developing a new application, and have the choice between the panelview plus 6+ hmi, or the same one with extended features.

i will run a ftv machine edition on the hmi.

is it possible to run the camera images (and some selection controls) inside the ftv environment?

or is it better/easier/possible to run the complete vision liscence next to the ftv application?