motion controller startup

eastkodakguy

Hey guys,
I am working on a project here that involves some motion control(quicksilver controller) and I was wondering what some of the methods that the experts here use when debugging a motion controller program. Personally I turn the speeds way down i.e velocity, acceleration etc and keep a hand on the estop. Its working for me but there is probably a better way out there. Also, does anyone know of a motion control simulator out there that is reasonably cheap? thanks and have a good day

Check http://www.control.com/1026180771

We used servo axis simulator and it works just fine.
$300 per axis a little too much, but saves a lot of time, especially on retrofit projects.
Technically it's a Voltage to Frequency converter with some deadtime and lag added.
Customer also was really happy because he saw whole system running without drives connected.

I've been using Trio Motion controllers on my servo applications (and love them, by the way). Their 'Motion Perfect' software has a simulator which is great for testing programs without wrecking stuff... ;)

It might not be similar to your brand, but the software's free... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks alot

Thanks guys,
Eric I downloaded the motion perfect software with the simulator, this thing is awesome, sorry cont_conn its hard to beat free software such as this but I very appreciate your response alot
sincerely
Dallas Smith

Re: Thanks alot

eastkodakguy said:
Eric I downloaded the motion perfect software with the simulator, this thing is awesome

If you think the software is awesome, you ought to try the hardware sometime!... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric