S7 Profibus DP parameter download

JohnW

This is probably aimed at Jesper.

I have a S7 300 with a Simocode pro c motor controller connected on profibus DP. How can I detect if a new Simocode unit with default settings (including the DP address) has been fitted and download the parameters and new DP address from the S7 315 2DP?

Regards,

John.

I wouldnt have responded to your post if it wasnt particularly directed at me. The reason is that I have zero experience with Simocode stuff. So bear with me, I will try to guess.

Most slave devices on Profibus that I know of have the bus node set with dip switches. So you are saying that a Simocode has its DP node address set in the downloaded configuration ?

If so, it would be the same a CPU with the default address (2). Do you know what default address Simocode comes with ?
If there is a default address, then you should make sure that you do not use this address with any other Profibus node (slave or master) in your network.
If that is OK, then proceed like this (I believe, its all guesswork):
Add the new Simocode unit in the Profibus network in the STEP7 hardware configuration. Assign a Profibus node address other than the default address (!).
With the new Simocode unit attached to the Profibus network, you should be able to download the configuration. I believe the easiest will be if your PC is connected on the same Profibus network.

(The following I am unsure about)
When downloading I think that you will be prompted with a list of available nodes. You should then specify to which node you want to download. Hit the "View" button, and the list should be updated with all the nodes prsently on the network. Probably you have to select the Simocode unit with the default address in order to download the changed configuration (including the new address).

Good luck.

IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!

I couldnt help myself but had to dig into that Simocode stuff.

Here is what I have found out:
You have to go online with a special program on the PC called Win-SIMOCODE-DP/smart or Win-SIMOCODE-DP/professional.
With that you setup the DP node address.

Go to Siemens FAQs and MANUALs and look for ENTRY ID 6008561 to find the manual.

As I assumed in the previous post that the node address was set like you do with an S7 CPU, you must totally disregard what I wrote in that post !

edit:
You CAN download parameters to the SIMOCODE unit from the S7-315, but NOT the node address.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help Jesper, I shall have to keep pre-programmed units. I can download the parameters from a plc for a specific application but I will have to have the DP address pre-programmed. This is a bit of a nuisance as these units will be at remote sites up to 200 miles away from base. The default address is 126.

Thanks,

John.

PKW Parameter Read/Write

John,

I don't know this Simocode unit, but regular Siemens Drives (AC/DC and servo) can be set up with 5 different PPO settings.

Three of these have 4 Words in nad out identified as PKW.
This area can be used to read and write any drive parameter.
THe only drawback is, that the drive node allready has to be set up in the hardware config.

Maybe you can use this method?
(I just programmed something similar for one of my companies power controlers)

simocode sfc 59

Jeudi 15 Septembre 2005

Hello

Thanks for interest, Sorry about my english.

Ok, first, I use Win-Simocode-DP/Professionnal V 1.2.0.4 and when I open a online device, this action load information from this device and if I go to the target menu , display/diagnostics I see the information : Motor current, current %, last trip current %,

And in a other section I see information about operating hours, number of overload trip, number of starts and ect.ALL This is Ok, I see a value.

I want see this information on my touch panel Screen TP 170A via a S7- 315, Via the command SFC 59 RD_REC fonction with reading data record 131. In ( Profibus).

B.4.2 Reading data record 131 - display/diagnosis

Byte.Bit Parameter identifier Data type Value range

0.0 Operating Hours Byte[2] [0-65535] 10h

2.0 Number of Starts Byte[3] [0-16777216]

5.0 Counter Value 1 Byte[2] [0-65535]

7.0 Counter Value 2 Byte[2] [0-65535]

9.0 Cooling Time Byte[2] [0-35999] 100ms

11.0 Number of Overload Trips Byte[2] [0-65535]

13.0 I-max Byte[2] [0-65535] %

15.0 Last Trip Current Byte[2] [0-65535] %

17.0 Analog Sensor Value Byte [0-255] 20 ohms

Table 60: Data record 131 - display / diagnosis

B.4.3 Writing data record 133 - statistical data

0.0 Operating Hours Byte[2] [0-65535]

5.0 Number of Overload Trips Byte[2] [0-65535]

Table 61: Writing data record 133 - statistical data

I WANT READ THIS ON DR131. AND ON MY tp177A.

0.0 Operating Hours Byte[2] [0-65535] 10h

11.0 Number of Overload Trips Byte[2] [0-65535]

13.0 I-max Byte[2] [0-65535] %

15.0 Last Trip Current Byte[2] [0-65535] %

In My OB1:

CALL "RD_REC" //sfc59 read ds 131 page 6-35

REQ :="M_20.0_SFC59"

IOID :=B#16#54 //zone d'entree

LADDR :=W#16#100 //( 100 (hex)= 256 adresse dp )

RECNUM :=B#16#83 //Read DS 131= 83 hex.

RET_VAL:=MW220

BUSY :="M_20.1_BUSY" //pas busy

RECORD :=P#DB20.DBX0.0 BYTE 18 //db20 octet 0-17

And when i put a 1 to REQ, i read Code 7001 et code 80A2 at RET_VAL

This code is

7001= First call with REQ=1: No data transfer active; BUSY has the value 1.

80A2= DP protocol error at layer 2 Distributed I/Os

I’m in DP mode. My gsd files for simocode SIEM8031.GSF.

No good result.

I have made on my Touch Panel a screen with buttom and state view buttom.

Start, stop, status, reset and menu , all works good , I can start , stop and reset the

Motor. That nice, but I want more from this simocode.

Thanks Steve.