Wonderware Intouch, Kepware timing issue with "simultaneous" writing of many tags

This is all very good information!

There are multiple factors at work here, The primary one being that by design, unless you are writing to an array, the server writes one item at a time. It has been that way since v2,7 of the server. Unfortunately intouch does not support arrays, unless that has changed. This means that the write will be placed in a write queue until they can be processed. This queue can be monitored using the _Statistic._Pending writes tag which should be able to be read by any client. For WW you many need to play around with Topic.

I don't know about intouch and arrays. The data is all contained in a UDT and consists of some individual tags as well as 60 different arrays of real[38].

Back at the hotel now and I just did get it to work. I had to create a new topic. There are two different _statistics (only one of which contains the pending whereas they both contain failed) and my old topic was pointing at the wrong one! See attached.

Thanks.

Now we have no control over how fast the writes are processed by the controller which in turn effects the speed at which the writes are stripped from the queue.

Understood.

data.jpg

Last edited:
Ideally the best way to ensure the the writes process faster is to be able to write an array of values to the device

But it sounds like intouch may not allow this? If that is true, then am I stuck with what I have?

Last edited: