WinCC TIA 11 pop-up menu on all screens

alexbeatle

Good day!
I'm required to make a pop-up menu on Siemens KP1500 screen using WinCC TIA 11. It suppose to appear when a button is pressed and disappear when pressed anywhere out of its dimensions. It contains buttons which when pressed move HMI to different screens.
I'm aware of the appearance\visibility method and it works fine, however I need this menu to appear on all of the screens. Naturally, I tried putting the menu on the template, however it turned out that all template objects are always placed behind any other screen objects, despite the layers assigned.
Has anyone got suggestions?

Thank you,
Alex

There arent any real pop-up screens or windows in WinCC Flexible. (edit: or in WinCC v11)
Why does it have to be a pop-up ? If it partially covers the current screen you could just as well just go to a screen with the slection buttons. You could have a go-nack button that will bring you right back to the previous screen if you dont want to switch to a new screen.

Personally I setup the F-buttons to have a dedicated screen assigned to it. There is also a root-screen (F1) that shows what screens are assigned to what F-button. After a while the operator will have memorised the F-buttons and wont need to see the root screen at all.

edit: If you force the operator to use a dedicated button in order to change to any screen, that button will wear out ! Speaking from experience. And the operators will hate you for forcing them to that screen every time.

Last edited:
There arent any real pop-up screens or windows in WinCC Flexible. (edit: or in WinCC v11)
Why does it have to be a pop-up ? If it partially covers the current screen you could just as well just go to a screen with the slection buttons. You could have a go-nack button that will bring you right back to the previous screen if you dont want to switch to a new screen.

Personally I setup the F-buttons to have a dedicated screen assigned to it. There is also a root-screen (F1) that shows what screens are assigned to what F-button. After a while the operator will have memorised the F-buttons and wont need to see the root screen at all.

edit: If you force the operator to use a dedicated button in order to change to any screen, that button will wear out ! Speaking from experience. And the operators will hate you for forcing them to that screen every time.

Thanks JasperMP.
The project is actually an upgrade of an existing project on old hardware, so the more HMI screens look the same as before - the better. All the function keys have graphic representation of the process, so the legend isn't necessary.
That's a great idea to use a separate screen, however the pop-up menu is small. Only few buttons: log-on, log-off, system info and message log. The 1st two are really the function buttons, the last two are ment to go to different screens.
Someone on the net suggested using Alarm Window, but I don't see how. Perhaps you can help.

Thanks,

Alex

No you cannot use the alarm window for that purpose.

The only thing I can think of is to reserve an area on the template for the buttons, and use visibility animation.
You have to reserve that area so it will be non-used in every other situation. Not very good.

You can also make a group with visibility animation on every screen. But that will be really irritating when you edit the project.

You do know that if you access a button or parameter that needs login, a login dialog will automatically pop up ?
So the functionality you want to create is quite redundant.

You do know that if you access a button or parameter that needs login, a login dialog will automatically pop up ?
So the functionality you want to create is quite redundant.
Yes, I'm aware of this. But again, this is the way it has been done in the original, and so is required to remain the same