TP270 HMI S7-300 CPU 313C-DP Communications

drip

Hello,
I am using step7 v5.5 and wincc flex 2008. I have created my PLC program have it working, but I am having trouble with my communications between the HMI and PLC.
The connections are made with Profibus, with terminating resistors turned on at both ends. The original connection was setup on a MPI network.

PLC = MPI node 2 (187k)
HMI = MPI node 3 (187k)
HMI is setup to MPI node 3 (187k)

I can see both nodes on display accessible nodes. I have updated my HMI and can download to it with no problems.
Wincc has picked my PLC tags through the program and signals a connection on the transfer screen.

Now when I am running my project none of my links on my HMI work with my PLC, most of my links are db links, but I have tried memory bits and direct outputs as well as input and have no communications between the PLC and HMI it seems.

I was hoping someone could help me out with my troubles and point me in the right direction in correcting my problem.

I tried setting up the HMI to a Profibus network with the PLC being node 2 and HMI node 3 at 1.5M, as well as changing my HMI settings to match, but I cannot connect to the HMI to download then.

I use to program Siemens quite a bit, but it has been a longtime. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Hi drip.

Exactly what types of CPU and HMI is it ?

Try to use the 1.5M speed.
1st configure everything in the HW Config for both S7 CPU and HMI.
Then open Netpro and save and compile.
Download the HW Config to the S7 CPU.
Change your PC to Profibus and 1.5M.
Check that you can go online with the S7 CPU.
Change the HMI to Profibus and 1.5M in the Windows Control Panel on the HMI.
Download to the HMI from WinCC Flexible.
Then check if the HMI comes online.

If you still have problems, then post screenshots from Netpro and WinCC Flexible.

4_zpsc724c50e.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Jasper,
Thanks for the help!
CPU = 313-6ce01-0ab0 (CPU313C-2 dp)
HMI = 6AV6-545-0CC10-0AX0 (TP270 Touch 10")

I can not download to the cpu or the hmi through profibus setup only on an MPI setup, but my tags do not interact with my program when running after setup.
I have been able to download and find my tags through wincc with the MPI connection though.
The settings have since changed, since I have been trying to get everything through profibus.

I tried turning the terminating resistor on with no changes.
Does anyone see anything that I am doing wrong? I am stuck at this point as I can communicate for downloads just not between devices in the program. My MPI network should work, but I can not get it to. When switching to a profibus I can not even download.

Also, when booting up the HMI my integer communicating from the PLC to the HMI will be 0.00 for a few seconds at start-up then change to ***** (non-readable). Is this normal or am I getting some communications for a brief moment? I never paid attention before to this to check.

How is your system configured?
In your first post you indicate MPI, but in post #8, the screen shot from NetPro you are connected to PROFIBUS?

Also, how have you configured the HMI panel in its control panel?

Does the Flex application work in the RT environment?

My system was initially configured through a MPI network this is how I downloaded my PLC and HMI programs (through siemens MPI connector, and serial to usb adapter). I successfully downloaded both programs to each corresponding device. After this though I did not receive any communications between my bits on the HMI and PLC.

I then tried to change over to a profibus network, but have made it no where with that.

The HMI was configured according to the network, when in MPI in was on node 3 - 187k set as only master (tried both). When on profibus it was set as node 3 and 1.5M. So on both networks the speeds were matched and the nodes were set to one above the PLC (node2) (my pc was set as node 0 for downloads).

I am not sure exactly what you mean by the flex application working in the environment? The application works on the HMI, but just does not activate any of my bits in the program. Under transfer I run the RT with the simulator and everything works.