Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE V4 Schema fails

mcummins

Hi peoples
First post, be gentle (and helpful if you can)

Been having a lot of fun with my View SE V4.0 server.
I had an accident where a new server got introduced with the same name while the SE server was done. Real mess in my domain once both where powered up.
Anyway, had to rename my SE server, which of course hosts my FactoryTalk Directory, and my distributed application. The FactoryTalk seems to have survived the move, maybe because it points at localhost? But the application.. Nup.. had to backup it's file, delete, recreate, and relink through LinxNG. Got it running, but the SE client workstation would not redirect with any of the Rockwell FactoryTalk apllications, and Rockwell TechConnect couldn't help. Here's a tip, go through your client registry looking for your original server name, and change it.
Therefore, SE Server and cleints have been purring away for the last three weeks nicely.
BUT...
View Studio comes up with a wierd fault when I access the distributed Application.

Error:HRESULT = "0x8004206e" Location = ".\RNADirServerProxy.cpp,Line: 16222".
Failed to load class '{43D605CB-8891-48DA-8302-C82D143EEA8B}' from FactoryTalk Schema. hr=0x8004206E.

There's nothing in Rockwell Knowledgebase that even comes close to this.
Any ideas or suggestions guys?

Regards
Michael
P.S. I'll try to keep a bit more of an eye on the forums. I have aquired some hard-won troubleshooting knowledge with the following
AssetCentre V2
RSLogix 5000 V15.02 (and Contrologix too)
ControlNet
ME Versaviews
SE Cleints (especially VBA problems)
SE server and studio

Maybe I can help someone else

Coincidence

Hi There...
I cant be much help, but if it makes you feel any better, i have exactly the same problem. i have also looked on the knowledgebases and we also have a tech connect contract so i've been in touch with rockwell too... all to no avail i'm afraid... i got round the problem eventually by installing the software on a different machine.. although i didnt do this till after about four or five reinstall attempts after some rather ropey solutions were suggested by rockwell over the course of two weeks or so... what a waste of time.

equally interestingly ive jsut realised i have the same problem, same message on a different version of Studio and that judging by the version number youre quoting this post might be a bit old.. then again... did you ever get round the problem?