PLC technical inquiry

Thank you for correcting my terminology and validating the concept I put forward. The nearly unanimous answer of "splitter," had me wondering if I might be guilty of some Mickey Mousery. I've done this several times and never had a problem. And I've seen it done by others too.

There are some scenarios where it wouldn't work, but that's why I prescribed the voltage checks. If it won't work, then it won't work, ever. If it will work, and it worked on day#1, I don't expect that it would "eventually" affect the performance. What kind of long-term degradation are you expecting this to cause?

I just afraid because the application itself is critical and bad consequences may happen to the equipment if any mistake happened at anytime. that why I must apply the best and more stable solution not the easiest one. anyway I really appreciate your help, your tip was extremely precious to me.

I just afraid because the application itself is critical and bad consequences may happen to the equipment if any mistake happened at anytime. that why I must apply the best and more stable solution not the easiest one. anyway I really appreciate your help, your tip was extremely precious to me.

Yeah, I get it. Purchasing a product that says on label it does what you want, does give you a warm fuzzy when the stakes are high. Well good luck, hope all goes well!

A dual 10k pot ?
2nvr0r6.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for correcting my terminology and validating the concept I put forward. The nearly unanimous answer of "splitter," had me wondering if I might be guilty of some Mickey Mousery. I've done this several times and never had a problem. And I've seen it done by others too.

There are some scenarios where it wouldn't work, but that's why I prescribed the voltage checks. If it won't work, then it won't work, ever. If it will work, and it worked on day#1, I don't expect that it would "eventually" affect the performance. What kind of long-term degradation are you expecting this to cause?

You are right that if they are powered from the same place it shouldn't matter... but what if one channel kicks the bucket and affects the voltage reading on both?

I was going to say that sharing the signal through the network could go against best practices depending on what the signal is, but being a voltage signal I don't think this is the case.