Compactlogix L43 Chassis backplane mounted DeviceNet Scanner Card Issue

Nandraj

Dear All,
I was getting serious issue with Compactlogix L43 Chassis Backplane mounted DeviCeNet 1769 Scanner Card loosing the DeviceNet files when there is power outage after sometime after 2-3 times power recycles it again getting files by own i don't getting idea why it is happening if the issue with the Scanner card it shows show fault on it but there is no fault also when powerup network LED Continuously Red after some power recycle it comes stable green and system runs
need urgent help on this

When there is a fault code or codes on the 1769-SDN scanner module, what are the codes (Example: 72 then changes to 01, etc.)? If you do not know now then please take note of the codes the next time it faults.

How many nodes (devices) are on the DeviceNet network?

How many slot positions is the 1769-SDN module from the 1769 power supply?

Have you check the physical terminations on the network?

How much experience, if any, do you have with diagnosing DeviceNet networks?

Do you have RSNetWorx for DeviceNet software?

It's possible that a device on the network, or a connection going to a section of the network, is intermittently faulty. But many things are possible here.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
The 1769-SDN has onboard nonvolatile memory to hold the Scanlist and other configuration data. If it is really "losing the DeviceNet files" and rebooting with an empty scanlist (status code 75) then it needs to be replaced.

Otherwise, you should take careful note of the actual symptoms and describe them.

it shows show fault on it but there is no fault

If there are faults indicated, then there are faults being detected.

Note the state of the status indicators, and look them up in the User Manual.

It is possible that you have a defective module; "losing the configuration" and having a steady red status LED could indicate a damaged or defective module.

But I'm not confident that you have performed sufficient careful diagnostics to arrive at that conclusion.