Panelview 900 question????

tonywj

I have a AB panelview 900 monochrome ( 2711-K9A1) running firmware version 3.8.... that is wired via RIO to a PLC 5/40. The screen is going out and I was in the process of upgrading to a panelview 900 color touch screen (2711-T9C9x). I got all the programming done only to realize the new panelview is DH-485 running 4.20 firmware.

My question is: Is there anyway possible to upgrade the DH-485 to RIO.

The RIO card that's in the old panelview will plug into the new panelview, but ofcourse it doesn't recognize it.

Is this a matter of firmware, drivers, and/or jumpers????

Thanks,

Unfortunately, no. There's no field-installable firmware that can convert a PanelView Standard terminal from DH485 to RIO. You're going to have to get a RIO terminal.

This is one of the reasons that RA made the communications daughtercards on the PanelView Plus modular.