Debounce

Just checking.... Debouncing means not reading from a momentary flicker, right? If so, this should do it. It's a fairly standard way to take a straight input and turn it into a delay on/delay off setup. Adjusting T4:1 controls how long the input needs to change before the input affects the circuit, and t4:2 keeps it on for as long as necessary. Instead of using the input, just use T4:1/DN

debouncing.jpg

tom_stalcup said:
Just checking.... Debouncing means not reading from a momentary flicker, right?

I have to say you are correct!!! One of the reason for a debounce is to get rid of relay chatter, I use alot of debounces to control outputs involved with heat control. Operators hate hearing a constant on off on off then hold in. If you have a input that see's a constant input to control an output(or anything else) that can vary up and down quickly, add a little debounce to the control system, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches from the operators saying it just doesn't sound right.

Excellant! I added the photo eye that I was debouncing to the seal in so that the timers would reset and it works great. Thanks.