RS Logix and Linx on 98

jimtech67

I am running RS Logix 5.50 and RS Linx 2.40.01 , can these the be installed on a Windows 98 machine? I remember hearing something about this. I am not sure if it was about 98 or 95.

Jim

Yes they can be installed and run on a Win98 system, the higher versions are supported to work with 2k and XP too.

From Eddie's link:

the operating systems are very old and I don't believe a large number of businesses are using (them) in critical areas

I guess process control just isn't that critical anymore :rolleyes: . Let's see - I only have three production lines that still use a '95 based system for programming . . .